Sunday, April 10, 2011

Faith Like a Child


David and I just got back from a trip to Colorado Springs and, oh my word, that place is beautiful! We stayed in a hotel, compliments of David's company, that directly viewed Pikes Peak! You can't go anywhere in that town and not see the mountains! We can't wait to go back and take the girls! I just know that Hannah would be amazed at seeing a mountain that big! What a wonderful display of God's work!

As many of you probably know by now, we had a quite unexpected delay on our return flight from Denver to Nashville. We were supposed to fly out at 2 PM and I think we finally got in the air around 5:15 PM...it is exhausting to sit and wait and wait and wait! I'm really not good at it...especially when I'm ready to be home and with my girls! After everyone waited and we were preparing to board the plane I overheard a little girl that was maybe 8 years old talking to her grandfather. She looked at him and said "Papa, do you want to pray before we get on the plane?" He shook his head no and went about his business. Well, that little girl wasn't going to leave it at that! She went on to ask him if he believed in God or heaven or hell...and proceeded to tell him that he needed to believe because hell is for real and it won't be any fun! She was so certain in her words and wanted her grandfather to know it! As we started getting on the plane, we weren't seated near the two of them so I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation. However, I'm guessing that Papa must have gotten an earful throughout the nearly three hour flight because we caught up to them in Nashville at baggage claim and that little girl was still talking to him about it. The grandfather asked her if she knew where she came from and, as sure as anything, she said "God made me and he made you too!", but Papa decided to tell her that she came from a monkey through a process called evolution. She told him he was silly to think that she came from a monkey! She looked at him point blank and said "Papa, you don't really think you came from a monkey, do you? God made you just like he made me and He loves you very much!" WOW!!

Why is it that this little girl can so easily share her faith and say the things that most of us adults don't have the guts to say? She was so confident and fearless in her statements and cared enough for her "Papa" to witness to him. Not only that, but she wasn't swayed the least bit by her grandfather's comments. She knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that she has a Savior that loves her and she wasn't afraid to talk about it. If I only had a fraction of the courage of that little girl! I just wanted to run over to her and give her a hug and a high five...unfortunately, we were in an airport, Papa didn't look incredibly friendly, and I wasn't really in the mood to deal with security! I pray for that kind of courage and confidence in my witnessing and I pray that God will continue to use that little girl for His glory! Just imagine if we all stepped out and shared our faith like that little girl! This world would be on fire bring glory to God!!

-Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment